Title: Eco-Mosque Project Officer
Sectors: Climate, Sustainability, Ethics, Public Policy, Environment
Location: High Wycombe (national)
Type: Fixed Term / Permanent
Status: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
Company Name: Faith Associates
Contact Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Faith Associates is seeking an outstanding individual, who will join our small staff team based in High Wycombe, to deliver projects as part of the national Eco-Mosque Project. The role will involve supporting Mosques (and/or Madrassahs) in developing effective environmental management systems and procedures.
The role will have a theoretical and practical component. The project officer will be required to research relevant legislation, learn about the latest developments in the environment and sustainability field and be aware of the most recent statutory legislation pertaining to the environment.
To fulfil the role, the Eco-Mosque Project Officer may be required to fill a number of tasks (not exclusive to):
- Researching and securing potential leads to secure funding, via clients or grants to implement the eco-framework
- Work closely with the management team to device an appropriate accreditation scheme to measure and test the implementation of eco-friendly policies in Mosques.
- Research the latest statutory legislation and findings in the environment sector
- Read up on relevant ecological and sustainability literature within the Islamic tradition to create an authentic brand for the Eco-Mosque project
- Write, publish and edit content for the Eco Mosque Project
- Meeting with potential clients to discuss the implementation of Eco policies
- General filing and organisational tasks associated with the project
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated enthusiastic individual with strong project management experience in the environment sector. Understanding of environmental management systems is also desirable, alongside general knowledge Islamic ethics around environment and sustainability.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, be IT literate and have the ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to prioritise and cope with a demanding workload.
You will have specific responsibility for the successful development and delivery of projects and activities and will be expected to meet targets within budget and on time.
Interviews will be held at the end of August.