Following the horrific terrorist attack on worshippers leaving the Muslim Welfare House having finished Ramadan evening prayers, which saw one person tragically killed and a number of others injured, Faith Associates CEO Shaukat Warraich was interviewed on various media outlets for his reaction and response.
Shaukat focussed on Faith Associates expertise in advising Mosques and Islamic Centres on their safety and security and highlighted the need for faith institutions to take the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of their building and their congregation
He also highlighted how far-right extremists were specifically monitoring and targeting Mosques as soft targets and the need for the Muslim community to remain vigilant in these difficult times.
Faith Associates has recently developed and released a 10-point Mosque Security leaflet in partnership with 9 national Mosque councils which is available for free to the management of Mosques that provides easy to follow steps to securing Mosques and Islamic Centres.
Click on the links below to see where Faith Associates work was covered.
- Finsbury Park Attack Highlights Vulnerability of Mosques – HuffPost
- London Mosque Attack: Britain Vows to Protect Muslims Amid Rise in Hate Crime – NBC News
- Finsbury Park Mosque Attack: As it Happened – The Guardian
- What We Know: Finsbury Park Attack – SPL Centre
- ES Views: We Must Not Let Terrorists Deny Our Right to Worship – London Evening Standard
- Britain Moves Quickly to Quell Muslim Tensions – VOA News
- Finsbury Park Attack: Interview with the Editor of Imams Online – Getty Images
- Radicalisation of ‘White People’ Sees Spike in Hate Crime – NewsOnline9
- Finsbury Park Attacker ‘Disturbed’ but not ‘Racist’ – Trik Kles
- English Cardinal Calls for Peace and More Understanding After London Mosque Attack – Leicester Post
- London Mosque Attack: Britain Vows to Defend Muslims Amid Rise in Detest Crime – 1WNC