Kirklees Council’s Safeguarding Board has decided to us the Faith Associates Madrassah Management and Safeguarding toolkit to complement its resources targeted at faith communities running services for young people.
Its advice to All faith based organisations is to have appropriate arrangements in place for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. These arrangements should include:
• Procedures for staff and others to report concerns that they have about the children
• Appropriate codes of practice for staff
• Appropriate recruitment procedures
• Appropriate training and supervision of staff and volunteers
• All allegations against staff must be reported to the local authority designated officer (LADO) who will advise on what action needs to be taken.
Kirklees council has pointed to the Madrassah Management and safeguarding toolkit as a practical resource to support its communities.
Shaukat Warraich the CEO of Faith Associates and Author of the toolkit said “Kirklees Council has been one of the leading councils in the UK promoting high standards in Safeguarding and has pioneered many initiatives in this area, to be acknowledged this way is a major boost to our efforts to promote high standards in the Mosque and Madrassah arena and we will continue innovating to help this sector”
Link to the Kirklees Councils Safeguarding Board Website